Are you worried that this Depression will stay?
Does your life feel out of control because of depressed feelings?
This cutting edge information will ease your mind.
Depressed symptoms and hypnotherapy – Tips to lose depressed symptoms Current research shows that 8.4% of females and 4% of males between the age of 16-24 are experiencing depression (Headspace: 2014). Although there are many contributing factors to depression, research shows that the main contributing factors to depression symptoms are psychological and social. Self- esteem, whether some members of family are suffering depression, or the social network and friendship support networks, traumatic past events can cause depressed symptoms in young people. In adults currently one million people in Australia suffer Depression (ABS: 2008).
Depression symptoms have contributing factors, social, psychological and biological and according to the world health organisation depression is a common mental disorder characterised by sadness, loss of interest or pleasure, feelings of guilt or low self worth, disturbed sleep or appetite, feelings of tiredness, and poor concentration. The World Health Organisation statistics show that in Australia approximately 2000 suicide deaths happen in a year.
Depression symptoms can impair a person’s ability to function normally in their lives and if depression symptoms are severe they can lead to suicide. Psychiatric specialist treatment is needed for a small proportion of people who have depression symptoms that are complex or complicated and who have not responded to initial treatments from their medical practitioner. Depression symptoms can be relieved through the hypnotherapy – you can achieve a new focus, beliefs can be changed about self value and motivation to change behaviours can be encouraged and built. “Hypnosis works and the research is unequivocal in that regard. It really does help people,” says Michael Yapko, PhD, a psychologist and fellow of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
8 tips to ease depression
- Take up a new exercise program, even if it is walking around the block for 10-20 minutes is shown to change and increase good mood.
- Emotional Freedom Technique – Tune into negative emotions and Tap them away daily.
- Creatively visualising something you love to do. Focus your attention on doing that.
- Breathe. Take time to focus on your breathing.
- De-stress the root cause of depression with NLP Coaching and Hypnotherapy
- Take time out to practise a relaxation activity eg. Yoga, pilates, Tai chi.
- Choose a goal, something you would feel worthwhile to do. Begin to take small daily action towards your new goal.
- Learn communications skills to help connect and improve relationships. Join a group or club to meet people.
Client’s suffering from neurological disorders such as schizophrenia, personality disorder, bipolar disorders or epileptic seizures will require a written referral from their Doctor or psychiatrist.
The best healer in the world for your mind and your body is YOU!
Your most valuable resource in healing your life is your connection to your Unconscious mind. Hypnotherapy and NLP skills a great way to deepen your connection to yourself.
Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2012.
Yapko, Michael Trancework -Hypnotic Patterns in Psychotherapy 2003